The Honda Fit isn’t exactly sporty, was never an enormous tuning phenomenon here in the united states and most people we know who own one probably imagine it’s cute. But all over the world, the Fit has a different perception. It’s a best-selling car in Japan and other people of most ages and genders drive it. The Fit’s been used in a handful of racing scenarios too-JDM tuners for example J’s Spoon and Racing have built time attack cars while within the States, Honda has supported B-spec racing. They’re very practical and affordable for everyday use,. That is while the number of people modifying Honda Fits is small, the sweetness behind these cars.featuring its third-generation Fit and we had the opportunity to take one out for a day in San Diego County. They’ve been telling us it’s the world’s best functional compact-we’d have to agree as it’s easy to drive around town and the cargo space and legroom alone within this tiny car is remarkable. The number of features that come standard might also surprise you. We don’t expect so that it is groundbreaking, but prepare to be surprised as Honda has some top tuners bringing modified Fits to SEMA this year, so far as tuning-wise. Word on the street is Bisimoto will be building one-expect a great deal of horsepower! However if you’re honestly thinking about gettin’ Fit, we’ve outlined seven important main reasons why this car might Fit your everyday lifestyle:
2015 honda fit steering wheelcan you pick up for your price that’s as functional, reliable and cool simply because this?
2. Fuel Economy. Most Honda Fit buyers worry about fuel economy over power. The new Fit has better numbers than the previous gen thanks to a redesigned head with larger valves. The ECU is also modified to retard timing at low speeds and a lot morefeatures of the Fit. The height of the car is the same as the outgoing model and it’s only .3 wider. Cabin storage and legroom are bigger. Should pack a surfboard? No trouble!
4. Design. It’s actually a tad smaller, though when we first saw the latest Fit, it almost looked bigger than the older model. A more edgy elements and design like the front-grille and headlights make your car look bigger and wider than it actually is.
5. Powertrain. Nothing to throw a party about however the new Honda Fit is up 13hp and 8 lb-ft of torque from the outgoing model as a result of larger diameter valves, raised compression and much more. It’s peppy around town and never completely gutless on the highway. People tell me I drive similar to a madman sometimes, although i needed no problem passing cars.
6. Shift. The new CVT tranny in the Fit is improved and can be fun to get. It’s responsive and accelerates linearly. We don’t mind the optional paddle shifters, either. To the manual, a six-speed is now available instead of a five from your outgoing model.
7. Interior. We drove many of its competitors-the Honda Fit doesn’t feel as cheap. The auto is still relatively quiet and contains a higher build quality than the rest. We dig the design of the dash, speedo and tach. Feature-wise, the typical rearview and optional lane-watch cameras are extremely helpful. Also standard is a 5 monitor on the base model while higher trim levels obtain a 7 one. Don’t want to spend on the nav? Honda’s made it super easy to connect your iPhone to itscomes with an aggressive body kit, carbon rearexhaust and wing, upgraded brake pads and bucket seats. Pretty sick, nevertheless it ain’t cheap. Especially in order to get a hold of the parts here!